SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER (H/F)
SaaS, B2B, data-driven recommendation, retail, international, semantic, interactivity
Full-time contract in Paris (Champs Elysées), starting asap, bac+5/master
Partial remote work
> 5 years of experience in software engineering
Needl provides data powered high quality business leads in the FMCG retail market.
Needl mission is to transform the consumer goods industry to be more transparent, efficient, open and sustainable.
We believe that the heart of this transformation is with the creation of meaningful business opportunities worldwide in the FMCG market, from the clean ingredients to the brands, from the eco-packaging to the retailers.
We are building a B2B SaaS platform that connects all key stakeholders in the FMCG industry, generates high quality data-based recommendations, trusted business introductions and efficient business leads management leading to first business meetings.
Needl has been created in 2020 and has a highly dynamic and international team of around 20 people, working in the Champs-Elysees, in Paris
In Needl, Product and Tech teams work very closely in 3 Impact Teams: “Data & Core Platform”, “Recommendation” and “Interactivity”. The Data & Core Platform team focuses on building a reliable and evolutive consolidated database, performant and efficient algorithms and core services. The Recommendation team focuses on collecting user data to provide reliable and high quality recommendations to buyers and sellers. The Interactivity team focuses on leveraging recommendations results to create first contacts, get more information and set up a clean basis of a trustworthy long-term business relationship.
Data is the cornerstone of our business and we have many sources : our clients using our online platform Needl.co and expressing their profile and needs, our sales and marketing teams collecting customer data through our CRM, external data sources…
Furthermore, we operate in a complex industry where there is a certain logic in stakeholders interactions, where taxonomy is essential to generate good recommendations.
Software Engineers at Needl craft polished user experiences, highly scalable API’s and robust services, all to help create the highest accuracy B2B matchmaking solution.
To support Needl growth, we are looking for a senior software engineer to join our tech team and contribute to craft a best-in-class data-driven & user-centric SaaS platform
What will you do/potential missions ?
On the frontend, our apps are using Angular framework. Our backend is running on PHP with the Mouf Framework, relaying on Dependency Injection. Our platform runs on a Kubernetes cluster hosted on GCP, with MySQL as our database of choice, synchronization between services is done thanks to RabbitMQ, among many other tools, services and applications.
- Drive the delivery of the impact teams in your scope to help us meeting our strategic objectives
- Design, build, test, document, run, review and maintain code in Angular/PHP
- Facilitate collaboration with product managers and product designers to prioritise and solve our product problems logged in our product roadmap
- Define and maintain the technical roadmap of the main technical challenges in your scope, aligned with main objectives and priorities
- Contribute to architecture refactoring definition to adapt our platform and services to our growth pace
- Identify your team(s) pain points and drive improvements in our processes, practices and product
- Be accountable for code reliability, performance and platform availability & stability
- Mentor your team in producing clean, consistent and well-organized code
- You work autonomously and have a pragmatic “done is better than perfect approach”
- You have good sense of team relationships and easily organise teamwork for the benefit of every team member
- You like to help teammates move on their learning curve every day and are open to give & receive feedback
- You have a strong attention to details
- You are a good problem-solver and have a strong sense of user-centricity
- You match easily tasks complexity to profiles depending on the seniority
- You have a passion for crafting a well balanced environment for your teammates
- You like pedagogy and are able to make technical explanations understandable by non-tech people
- You have good verbal and written communication skills in english
- You have a proven experience of 2-3 years of tech leadership in a modern startup environment with fast-moving pace
- You have a proven experience of mastering a delivery process based on agile methodology
- You have a passion for crafting software-based systems and know what it means to ship high quality code
- You are able to define and carry a tech vision to developers
- You already contributed to (re)define platform architectures
- You have a good sensitivity to the display quality and overall user experience (responsiveness, speed, optimisation,…)
- You have good knowledge of CI/CD principles and cloud environments
- You have working knowledge on our Tech stack: Angular, PHP, MySQL, Python, GCP, Kubernetes, Docker, RestFul API, Algolia, RabbitMQ
- You have been working in SaaS B2B product management
- You have experience in retail or FMCG market
- You have past experience in tech projects around recommendation, marketplace or videoconferencing