JUNIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER (H/F)
SaaS, B2B, data-driven recommendation, retail, international, semantic, interactivity
Full time position in Paris (Champs Elysées), starting asap, bac+4-5/master
Partial remote work
Needl provides data powered high quality business leads in the FMCG retail market.
Needl mission is to transform the consumer goods industry to be more transparent, efficient, open and sustainable.
We believe that the heart of this transformation is with the creation of meaningful business opportunities worldwide in the FMCG market, from the clean ingredients to the brands, from the eco-packaging to the retailers.
We are building a B2B SaaS platform that connects all key stakeholders in the FMCG industry, generates high quality data-based recommendations, trusted business introductions and efficient business leads management leading to first business meetings.
Needl has been created in 2020 and has a highly dynamic and international team of around 20 people, working in the Champs-Elysees, in Paris
In Needl, Product and Tech teams work very closely in 3 Impact Teams: “Data & Core Platform”, “Recommendation” and “Interactivity”. The Data & Core Platform team focuses on building a reliable and evolutive consolidated database, performant and efficient algorithms and core services. The Recommendation team focuses on collecting user data to provide reliable and high quality recommendations to buyers and sellers. The Interactivity team focuses on leveraging recommendations results to create first contacts, get more information and set up a clean basis of a trustworthy long-term business relationship.
Data is the cornerstone of our business and we have many sources : our clients using our online platform Needl.co and expressing their profile and needs, our sales and marketing teams collecting customer data through our CRM, external data sources…
Furthermore, we operate in a complex industry where there is a certain logic in stakeholders interactions, where taxonomy is essential to generate good recommendations.
Part of a tech team of 6 developers, you will be in charge of developing new capabilities for the platform and improving existing user flows.
Our application uses Angular for front-end and PHP for backend. We use multiple (external and internal) services to communicate: GraphQl, RabbitMq, Sendgrid, Redis, etc.
What will you do/potential missions ?
- Contribute to new feature or feature improvement conception and interact with product managers, product designers and other developers
- Develop improvements (e.g. user registration form and navigation in the application) or new features (analytics based on users activity logs, new tools for internal admin)
- Align with quality code policy to keep the code as clean and as up-to-date as possible
- Participate in the development process based on agile methodology
- Contribute to the overall bugfix activity
Our delivery process
- Based on qualitative and quantitative data, product managers prioritize impact-driven projects and coordinate the specification writing in Confluence
- Project scopes are then divided into epics, stories and tasks, of which tickets are created in Jira by PMs or developers
- When a feature has been specified, each dev can choose between the available tickets, depending of the skillset (front/back/both)
- We organize meetings really often so that all devs know about the roadmap and what is being developed.
- Developers are not given a ticket/feature/project and left alone aside to work. They are part of a team, and their opinions and feedbacks are listen and welcome
- Once fully developed, including the unit tests, the commits are pushed into the testing branch where the PMs can review the feature for acceptance
- Developers are 100% responsible for their features, they interact and help each others, to make sure the whole app is working as intended (design, needs, logic, tests, etc.).
Mandatory skills expected
- Angular (v7+)
- PHP (v7+), OOP knowledge is mandatory
- Framework/MVC (e.g.: Symfony)
- you are organized in your work
- you can work in team
- you make sure to test and deliver high quality features
- Native french, fluent in english
Optional skills (but good to have)
- PHPUnit/Unit tests
- Other front/back tools that you may know